In an April 2018 report, McKinsey & Co. called machine learning and the larger universe of artificial intelligence ”the next frontier” in the construction industry and targeted five applications already in use in other sectors that could start helping contractors right away:
- Transportation route optimization tools for construction project planning.
- Predictive pharmaceutical apps to help forecast project outcomes.
- Retail supply chain optimization tools for management of the offsite, modular and prefabrication segments.
- Robotics solutions to assist in prefabrication.
- Healthcare imaging solutions for early detection of critical project issues.