In addition torespiratory protection citations, OSHA also cited employers with violations of:
- Recording and Reporting Occupational Injuries and Illnesses (Subpart 1904).
- Personal Protective Equipment (1910.132).
- General Duty Clause (OSH Act 5(a)(1)).
On its website, OSHA says that in order to come into compliance in advance of an inspection, employers should consider:
- Providing a medical evaluation before a worker is fit-tested or uses a respirator.
- Using a tight-fitting respirator to perform the fit test.